Subject: /dev/sd0h: file system not clean (fs_flags=1); please fsck(8)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/1998 13:44:58
sd0h on my Sun 3/60 (24 MB RAM, running -current) is /usr/src

In an effort to make sure that BSDOBJDIR is working correctly, after I sup,
I update the mount options to make /usr/src "read only"; when I do that, I
get the diagnostic in the subject line. This diagnostic apparently comes
from line 286 of /usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vfsops.c

However, if I fsck the filesystem, everything is happy. My best guess is
that this is coming about because I have a slow system with a slow SCSI
interface, and the buffers are not getting completely flushed before the
code testing the flag runs.

	comments?

	Erik