Subject: RE: multisegment memory problems
To: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/14/1998 10:17:56
Guenther Grau wrote:

	>Can we collect some data of the machines with problems?
	>Are you all running UVM? Anything else these machines have in
common?

Shark (233MHz StrongARM, with 32Mb RAM) running -current as of just over
a week ago. ISTR Jason saying that UVM is now mandatory on the Shark.
Todd's machine is also a Shark, and should be pretty much identical to
mine (with or without local disk).

My -current (UVM) mvme68k also wedged up solid again last night during a
make build, while making in libc (always a *big* memory hog). When I
connected to its console port this morning, it was spitting out a
repetative string of garbage. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to
reboot and check dmesg before leaving for work. Of course this may
completely unrelated to the Shark problem, especially since this machine
has only 8Mb RAM (no multisegment memory), and may even be faulty
hardware (I've got a spare VME147 I can try). The -current tree on the
machine is also a couple of weeks old (just got around to fixing that
libutil shared library botch over the weekend :). I'll dig a little
deeper this evening...

Cheers, Steve