Subject: Debugging tools...
To: tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dante Profeta <dante@mclink.it>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/11/1998 14:07:06
Some years ago, when I was a member of Amiga Developer Support Program
and I did love to program under AmigaOS, there where some nice debugging
tools like KPrintF() and Carolyn Scheppner's Sushi...

KPrintF() was a debug.library function which did dump a string to the
serial port, and it was very useful in some situations where the output
couldn't be sent to an Intuition window, so to catch the result on
another computer in terminal emulation mode.

Well, I think such a function would be very useful at NetBSD boot time
to debug a driver.
Is there anything similar into NetBSD kernel?

Sushi was a little utility which (at system up and running) did catch
the data sent to the serial port (i.e. KPrintF output) and did print
them to a (CON:) window.
Such a thing would be very useful to continue using KPrintF also after
the booting process without using a serial terminal.
Again, is there anything similar into NetBSD?

--
  Dante_