Subject: Re: USB feedback wanted
To: None <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/1998 11:09:30
> > This brings up the point of locators with multiple values again.
> > I posted a suggestion on how to do it long ago, but got very little
> > feedback.  And yes, string valued locators would also be handy.
>
> Uh, actually, I seem to recall that you got enough feedback to tell
> you how to implement it in config, and that you weren't willing to do
> so at the time...
Well, you're right and wrong.  The first time around I was not
willing to make any changes to config&co; instead I just added drq2
to fix an immediate problem.

But later on I sent out a suggested low impact change to config
that would solve the problem.  (It can be regarded as a solution
or a hack depending on your state of mind.)  I received only
one or two replies to this and none of them were from config gurus
so I've not committed anything.  Comments are still solicited!

        -- Lennart