Subject: Re: USB feedback wanted
To: None <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/1998 11:00:07
> I mean, why not as a default provide, say 10 hub device nodes, 10
> audio, etc.  A special file system isn't necessary, but a subdirectory
> might be nice to keep the clutter out of /dev.
And 20 HID devices and 20 generic devices (which with my current
implementation each requires 16 devices each; one for each possible
endpoint in the device).   And 10 mice, keyboard, cameras,
USB-ethernet, joysticks, serial ports, USB-USB connectors, IR remote
controls, monitors, modems, etc, etc.  It will be a mess, but if the
rest of you can live with it, so can I.  :-).

        -- Lennart