Subject: CompactFLASH support?
To: Tech-kern <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/30/1998 11:43:39
Hi,

I am involved in a project which uses CompactFLASH memory cards.  These
cards are manufactured by Sandisk and some other companies and are muchs
maller than PCMCIA cards.  CompactFLASH cards look like IDE disks to the
host and come in capacities of 4 MB to 24 MB and more.  These cards can
be plugged directly to PCMCIA slots using a passive adapter card.  CF
cards are used in digital cameras, some GSM phones and other small
portable devices.  I think they are usually ms-dos formatted so they can
be read on "any" machine.

How hard would it be to add support for these cards in NetBSD?

  -jm