Subject: Re: USB feedback wanted
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/28/1998 15:48:15
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> That's because Micro$oft has said that there will be a market.  Win98
> supports USB so people will soon start using it.  The basic idea behind
> USB is great: use the same connector for all devices.

Funny how yet another Macintosh idea is being embraced by the Wintel
world...

Anyway, this shouldn't come as any surprise.  The industry as a whole has
already invested far too much in putting USB controllers in PCs to let the
project die.  I've referred to it as `stealth technology' for the better
part of the last 18 months, and for good reason, apparently.

--scott