Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: John S. Dyson <dyson@freebsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/12/1998 01:02:36
Perry E. Metzger said:

> "John S. Dyson" writes:
> > That isn't correct.  You need to apologize to me because what you
> > said that I said that FreeBSD compiles are 3X faster.  What I implied is
> > that our compiles are 3X faster due to the conversion from Net to Free.
>
> If anyone out there other than Mr. Dyson can please explain to me what
> the difference here is, I'd appreciate it.

I am incredulous that you don't see the difference.

I said: our compiles are 3X faster
You said: compiles are 3X faster

There is an extreme difference.  What you say is easy to disprove
and inane if anyone said it.  What I said was that in our build
envronment, FreeBSD is faster.  There are real reasons for it, and
I demand a retraction of every misquote, and an explaination of
why it is a lie.

See, you are lieing about what I said, acting as if it is a quote.
That is slander.