Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <dyson@freebsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/12/1998 00:32:54
"John S. Dyson" writes:
> > So you're willing to make claims about FreeBSD's performance, but
> > you're not willing to back them up with numbers?   Am I the only
> > person to whom this seems more than a little bit disingenuous?
> >
> If I don't do all your work for you to improve your OS, it isn't
> my fault. You should take it as a challenge to improve the results
> of your project, just as I do mine.

So, lets translate that.

Dyson: FreeBSD is three times faster.
Perry: Prove it.
Dyson: I don't want to prove it.
Lemon: You're making an extraordinary claim. Please prove it.
Dyson: I can't prove it, because it's false, but I'll try to find some
       way to distract you by saying something oblique.

The truth is, John, that you know your "three times" quote is
obviously false. However, presenting us with benchmarks would be
embarassing to you, so you choose not to do so.

Perry