Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 22:35:07
On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:34:49 -0400 (EDT)
 "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net> wrote:

 > Not to jump in so soon after I've subbed but as a user who runs more
 > NetBSD machines than FreeBSD out of necessity I'd say that the answer to
 > your last question would be "What is a more fully integrated and coherent
 > system Bob."

NetBSD has been making improvements in this area (at least the "fully
integrated bit", as I understand your meaning).  I would also say that
NetBSD _is_ a coherent system; there is almost always a rational high-level
design for everything we do (but not all the time; hey, we're only human :-)

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939