Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: Ted Lemon <>
From: John S. Dyson <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 22:50:21
Ted Lemon said:
> The only way I can see that they can make this claim is if their
> buffer cache code performs a lot better than ours, or if they've got
> some hack going in their stdio code that makes things work better.
> These are both easy suppositions to test.
Our buffer cache does work much better, as I stated in a very recent
email.  I love false assertions about "that can't be true".  It
shows how narrow and focused people can be :-).

John                  | Never try to teach a pig to sing,     | it just makes you look stupid,         | and it irritates the pig.