Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 20:30:48
> I think it *sucks* that we have three different unencumbered BSD
> development camps, frankly, but I don't see how to fix that.

By not deliberately diverging.   By being cooperative with each other,
instead of bickering about details.   This means that Jason has to
work hard to try to address Justin's concerns, even if he doesn't
entirely agree with Justin's approach.   It means that Justin
genuinely has to try to understand why Jason doesn't agree with him
about it.   It requires real work, and real communication.   It's not
easy.

>  The real tragedy overall is that we have the multiple divergant
> development streams in the first place, but it appears that we're
> way, way, way past the point where anything can be done about that.

My problem is that I still don't accept that.   All I see are
personality problems.   The code speaks for itself.

			       _MelloN_