Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 23:19:38
>>>>> "Justin T Gibbs" writes:

Justin> I have attempted to explain my changes and the rational behind them.
Justin> Draw your own conclusions.  I am not attempting to force my changes
Justin> on anyone and I will certainly respond to any technical discussion about
Justin> the work.  I will stand behind my statements until they are proven false.
Justin> So far, I have not seen an argument that has done so.

	Justin, we should not have to prove your statements false.  You
need to prove that your assertions are true.  A number of other people on
this list have pointed out non-SCSI devices which may pose problems for
your interface but you have not addressed their questions.  It is not the
explanation of the changes and the rationale that matters but whether the
changes actually improve the interface and performance while maintaining
portability.  Have you explored any of the counter example devices the
others have mentioned and sketched out exactly how they will function with
your interface -- outlining how to implement a device driver with your
interface?

David