Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 21:04:46

>"Justin T. Gibbs" writes:
>> I must say that it still amazes me how much this group lets its emotions
>> get in the way of progress.  Is it so inconceivable that a piece of code
>> originating in NetBSD could be improved upon?
>
>Of course our code can be improved upon. My issue is with the claim
>that an interface is better performing with no benchmarks to back it
>up, and the claim that it is portable with no ports to back the claim
>up.

I tried to point at the potential size savings, but I guess that simply
doesn't count in your book.  I guess I should have also waited another year
or so until FreeBSD has finished its port to the Alpha and perhaps another
platform to bother talking about this.  It's not as if I'm trying to toot
my horn here.  A user asked a question about the differences in the
implementations and I attempted to answer it.  Sorry to have wasted so much
of your time.

--
Justin