Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <dyson@freebsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 19:11:39
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:55:28 -0500 (EST)
 "John S. Dyson" <dyson@freebsd.org> wrote:

 > If there is going to be an emotional or legal toll, why should we
 > cooperate?  Frankly, I give up (again), after seeing the extreme
 > lack of respect for a FreeBSD-core member, and also the other tirade
 > that was imposed on one of the FreeBSD lists.

Lack of respect, simply because there are technical objections to his
changes to an interface?

 > Frankly, FreeBSD does not need NetBSD, and probably vice-versa.  If
 > people are going to act like arrogant SOB's, it just doesn't appear
 > to be worth it.

...and it isn't arrogant to assert a "better design" without any real
world experience with the "better design"?

 > If people can just listen, and not appeal to relatively non-existant
 > authority, then thre is a chance.  As it is, there is more arrogance
 > than ideas being communicated.  It seems that in this group, certain
 > individuals think that NetBSD's only peer in the world is NT.  In
 > my opinion, it seems that the only way that NetBSD might have a peer
 > in NT is in the culture of arrogance.

Ok, John.  Whatever.  I can see this (what started out as a technical
discussion) isn't going to go anywhere, so I suggest you just drop it.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939