Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 16:03:38
> Best case is, if Justin has some points, we could learn something or he
> could learn something. Worst case, he jsut carries on and we may or may
> not have something that works better. Neither of these seem to me a
> particularly awful scenario. So why not just let people discuss without
> becoming emotional or (as an 'unbiased outsider') needlessly rude.

No.   The best case is that we all use the same code.   The best case
is that we understand that we sometimes have reasons to differ, but
that we're all talented hackers, and when we can share each other's
work, we do.   If this this sounds like dewey-eyed idealism, then
we're in the wrong business.

I too am sorry that I flew off the handle recently, but it's precisely
because there seems to be a ready acceptance that we should keep
reinventing the wheel ad nauseum that I flamed.

			       _MelloN_