Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
From: John S. Dyson <dyson@freebsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 17:59:22
David Edelsohn said:

> 	I would much prefer if you would ignore the tone of Perry's reply
> and return to addressing the content of his objection, which you still
> have not.  The above comment sounds like you want others to disprove your
> assertion instead of requiring you to prove it in the first place.

I would much prefer the tone of challenges appeal only to authority
that both parties agree to.  What happens is that appeal to authority
by certain people appears to be (and is almost identical) to a "my daddy
can beat your daddy up" or "you are obviously clueless" discussion.

It seems that the best thing to do is for FreeBSD developers to continue
forward, and move on.  The less people have to deal with time wasting
extreme disrespect, the more that they will get done.