Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: John S. Dyson <dyson@freebsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 15:21:48
Jonathan Stone said:

> > I'm pretty flabbergasted. You've lost a lot of brownie points with me.
> >
> I am also, perhaps with even more justification.
>
> >Please don't associate choosing FreeBSD as a platform with
> >a lack of experience, because that alienates people who
> >have had to choose it, due to it being the only alternative
> >that really works for them.
>
> John,
>
> I know you like to up trouble with flamebait, but are there really any
> such people?  FreeBSD may be the alternative that works *best* for
> them, but that doesnt mean that other alternatives really do not work.

I am only answering the comment that seems to have been raised
that FreeBSD people are clueless.  The only flamebait was the
very arrogant commentary that I was answering.

It isn't anyones fault that they use or develop code on FreeBSD,
it was not my choice either.  It was such arrogance as displayed
in the message that I responded to that forced my decision.  At
the time, technical issues weren't even a determining factor.