Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: John S. Dyson <dyson@freebsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 14:16:36
Perry E. Metzger said:

> I've got to say that I'm pretty shocked at the hubris here.

I am also.

> FreeBSD has ONE architecture up and fully supported. You have the
> i386, period. You've never finished a single port to another
> architecture.

FreeBSD or me?  The very interesting thing is that whether or
not someone works on FreeBSD, has little to do with previous
experience.  I suspect that assuming that FreeBSD is the only
expertise that someone has is only an issue of projecting
personal experience.

> I'm pretty flabbergasted. You've lost a lot of brownie points with me.

I am also, perhaps with even more justification.

Please don't associate choosing FreeBSD as a platform with
a lack of experience, because that alienates people who
have had to choose it, due to it being the only alternative
that really works for them.