Subject: Re: further vm adventures
To: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
From: None <jiho@postal.c-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/07/1998 10:23:21
X is not a suitable topic for this list (or any polite gathering), but what I
have to say here ceratainly is.  And of course it's unanswerable, which gives
me the last word....

On 05-May-98 Sean Witham wrote:

>> Now, if you want to quibble with a design, how about X...?
>
> No thanks, I'll leave that to experts.

Computerworld's 20.04.98 issue had an In Depth piece called "Elegance", about
_software_ elegance, with comments from the likes of Alan Kay.  It wrapped up
with a quote favored by Jon Bentley of Bell Labs, author of Programming Pearls:

   "A designer knows he's achieved perfection not when there is nothing left
   to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

                                               --Antoine de Saint-Exupery,
                                                 author and aviator

--Jim Howard  <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>

E-Mail: jiho@mail.c-zone.net