Subject: Re: further vm adventures
To: None <jiho@postal.c-zone.net>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/1998 20:53:18
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 jiho@postal.c-zone.net wrote:

> On 27-Apr-98 Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
>
> >> Again, Chuck just suggested a way to use ddb with X, so I may learn more
> >> about this soon....
> >
> > I think I missed that. Was it something other than using a serial
> > console?
>
> I think I may be confused about why I had trouble with this before.
>
> What I do now, that works (on i386 with pcvt console driver):
>
>   1. Give the X server a 'vtXX' command line option, so you know what VT it's
>      using.

Okay. I thought you were referring to some
return-to-text-mode-on-DDB-entry hack.

FYI, you don't need the vtXX bit.

i386$ head -5 /etc/ttys
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         pc3     off secure
ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         pcvt25  on  secure
ttyv1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         pcvt25  on  secure
ttyv2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         pcvt25  on  secure
ttyv3   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on  secure

--
Soren