Subject: Re: PPS diffs, round #4
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/22/1998 13:37:59
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > This does the timespec thing, tho' using the dreaded a local temp
 > rather than a kludgy pointer cast. Since the API is more general
 > than just PPS,  i changed the softc names too.

If the softc keeps it stored as a timespec, then using the local temp is
the correct way of doing it.  If you were keeping it as a timeval and
converting to timespec for the new API, then the local would be unneeded.

 > Getting close to something we can commit?

Per Matt Thomas's previous mail on this subject, make sure that the
timestamp mode isn't set if the user specifies an invalid mode.