Subject: Stale NFS file handle
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lucio de Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/1998 19:58:42
I'm not sure where to look for this :-(

In implementing Plan 9 NFS services, any access to the (apparently)
mounted file system returns the message

	<filename>: Stale NFS file handle

Presumably, this relates to some latter-day checks that the Plan 9
developers were not aware of.  Could someone point me in the right
direction to get rid of this problem.

Note that a "df" does return reasonable results, to the extent that
Plan 9 and NetBSD can exchange disk usage information.

I must confess I have only got this far using NetBSD 1.1.  Later
flavours (I tried 1.2.1 and 1.3 - where is the phantomatic 1.3.1 to be
found, BTW?) seem to prefer failure:

	NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

This may be the result of prior conditions, so I shouldn't pay it much
attention.

Any suggestions?
--
Lucio de Re (lucio@proxima.alt.za)
Disclaimer: I'm working at getting my opinions to agree with me.