Subject: Re: kernel config options
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/19/1998 17:29:24
In article <199804192154.PAA07212@forge.BSDI.COM> you write:
> Indeed, Mike Karels and I talked about emitting an options.h
> (or individual files per option, but that seemed less practical),
> but the need to make sure that all "option"-dependent source
> files #include'd the right file(s) made me put it off (which is
> where it still stands with my current "config").

Um... guys? We have this already. UTSL, and look for "defopt". It's been
there for quite a while.

Not every option is defopted yet, but most of the important ones are,
and others are easy to add. Some never would/should be (DEBUG, for
example) because almost everything is potentially effected anyway.