Subject: Re: Real vfork() (was: third results)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/11/1998 08:54:07
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:22:01 -0400 (EDT)  Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I was actually trying to find the quote where NetBSD/core have said that
> NetBSD is intended to be more of a research OS than a production OS too.

Well, the mission statement for NetBSD mentions:

	The goals of the NetBSD project are:

                * to provide a research platform on which experiments
                  with new software technology can be easily performed.

                * to provide a stable, reliable operating system for
                  production use, adhering to major official and de
                  facto industry standards, while maintaining its
                  disposition as a traditional BSD system.

		[[[ others deleted ]]]

in that order.  Sorta says both :)

Simon.