Subject: Re: NTP pulse-per-second timestamp diffTo:
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/1998 12:50:01

Perry> Jonathan Stone writes:
>> This thread started when I posted a patch which should add PPS
>> functionality to NetBSD, with a sample implementation for the com
>> driver, and asked for feedback on it.  I'm still waiting for
>> constructive feedback on that patch. There hasn't been any.  I wish I
>> knew why.

Perry> Maybe because everyone doesn't spend their day thinking about you,
Perry> Jonathan? I mean, you posted the thing a couple of days ago, and
Perry> examining such a thing takes time and effort -- I for one haven't had
Perry> any in the interim.

Perry> Is that a simple enough "why" for you?

	I think that Jonathan's comment is that others have had time to
respond to tangential issue and to offend Charles, but no one has had time
to actually address Jonathan's own posting.  Jonathan posted a proposed
patch and this list is off discussing why the concept is too complicated
to implement in practice.  Something is wrong here.

	Jonathan's point is not why haven't people specifically answered
him, but why people have answered everything *but* his original message.
I think that is a perfectly valid question.

David