Subject: Re: DDB documentation and machine specific commands
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/25/1998 13:29:19
	Date:	Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:20:33 -0800 (PST)
	From:	Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>

	1) Last I looked, the alpha MD commands were staircased.
	   indent command bug?

Fixed in a previous commit I made this morning. I may yet master mdoc(7).

	2) It might be nice to move the `entering debgguer' section to the start,
	right after

	>DESCRIPTION
	>     ddb is the in-kernel debugger.  It may be entered at any time via a spe-
	>     cial key sequence, and optionally may be invoked when the kernel panics.

	instead of leaving it until the very end. Is it a deliberate teaser?
	Or maybe move them the machine-dependent section: that way all MD
	info is in one place.

I moved that section to near the top, as described. It makes sense
there. My Dad used to say that the instructions for doing anything
in a room should start with "how to turn on the lights."

	3) The pmax (and until a couple of days ago, the alpha?) enter dbb on:
	  rcons console:   hitting LK-201 DO key
	  serial console:  break

Added.

Anything else?