Subject: Re: DDB documentation and machine specific commands
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/1998 08:01:15
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> In addition, Jonathan Stone has suggested that a "halt" command be added to
> the generic DDB command set, with a rough interpretation of "return control
> to whatever PROM monitor exists on this machine".

It would also be nice to see commands that dump buf structures and scsipi
structures.  Really helps debug I/O hangs.

[Something to dump out arbitrary structures from the kernel symbol table
would be even better but is much more work and probably leads to code
bloat.]

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
"I need to find a new pithy quote." -- me