Subject: Re: shared library support
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/18/1998 10:21:42
> Note that the same mechanism is used to load extensions at runtime (see
> dlopen(3)), so different instances may load different shared objects, or
> the same objects in different sequences.

Hm.   But this functionality is rarely used, whereas shared libraries
are frequently used, and concurrent use of the same program is
common.   I'm not suggesting that anybody drop what they're doing and
make this happen, but perhaps it would be a useful optimization to not
do the fixups a second time if an executable has already been loaded
and fixed up.

			       _MelloN_