Subject: Re: Is anyone there?!?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <jiho@postal.c-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/1998 10:55:26
On 14-Mar-98 Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 jiho@postal.c-zone.net wrote:
>
>> I subscribed to this list thinking there would be discussion of uvm.
>>
>> Instead, I've received absolutely no mail from it, on any topic whatsoever.
>
> I think uvm is too big for the list. For its documentation, we'll need to
> look at Chuck's Dissertation. Also, I think most of us don't understand
> it. :-)

Indeed, I wasn't even able to get a kernel working with it.

Of course, I tried to run the 1.3+ kernel in a 1.2 installation, and a 1.2
kernel with uvm as a drop-in replacement.  It's always a coin toss whether
either strategy will work, and neither did in this case.

> Take care,

Well, as you can see from the preceding...

--Jim Howard  <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>

E-Mail: jiho@mail.c-zone.net
Date: 14-Mar-98
Time: 10:55:26