Subject: Re: Various weird lossage with serial console
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/1998 15:44:52
On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I've now seen reports of several different kinds of weird lossage on the i386
> when using a serial console, from ncr driver chaos to machines which hang
> inexplicably when a 'de' card is ifconfigged up, but then begin running fine
> again as soon as they're sent anything on the console serial port.

Just as a data point, I've got two AXPpci33s, both of which run
serial console (no graphics card in them at all), one of which has
a de board, and neither of which appears to have this NCR problem.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates