Subject: Re: (Getting far off topic) disestablish?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/1998 12:46:33
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:32:52 -0800 (PST)  Paul Goyette wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > Which dictionary?  There's that long coal-miner's lung disease in the
> > Oxford dictionary that has 53 characters (pnuemonoultra-something).
> > Hmm, a little off topic :)
>
> It's "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis" if I remember
> correctly.

Hmm, this obviously needs more research.  A search with altavista
returns:

    "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanocaniosis"
                                         ^ ^
and

    "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis"
                                         ^   ^
compared with your spelling:

    "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis"

I've marked the differences.  I'm not sure who to believe!  The first
entry above (at http://www.dsu.edu/~anderbea/guest/guestlist.html) seems
believable, not I'm not commiting myself yet...

Simon.