Subject: Re: session ID changes
To: Tom Proett <proett@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/13/1998 10:28:58
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:25:30 -0800
 Tom Proett <proett@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

 > > I didn't see any changes to acct.h or the other stuff to record that
 > > information posthumously - why not?
 > >
 > > 	curious,
 > >
 > > 	Erik <fair@clock.org>
 > >

 > I didn't think of it.  The acct struct doesn't have the pid/pgid either.
 > Is it needful?

I'm not sure it's really necessary or appropriate to place the session
in the acct structure.  The acct stuff is mostly concerned with who
something was done by, no necessarily how the somethings are grouped
together.  (Except for controlling tty, because it's often useful to
know from where a command was typed...)