Subject: Re: Detaching devices
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/11/1998 12:22:58
Excerpts from netbsd: 10-Feb-98 Re: Detaching devices "Chris G.
Demetriou"@pa. (433)

> I implemented another one (which worked much more along the lines of
> the way the autoconfig system 'wanted' to work, in my opinion), when
> i've passed to various developers over the years.

Can you send me a copy?
I'd try to get my problems solved with your framework
and report about problems.

My impression was that the autoconf framework was
not developed with loadable drivers in mind.
("config" generated data structures are not extensible,
no driver entry for deallocation of ressources etc.)

best regards
Matthias