Subject: Forget it (dev_t)--do it yourself.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/16/1998 08:46:21
I'm obviously not supported, or just flame bait, because I keep getting
flame mail from the same three unnamed people.  I've given up, at least
temporarily, on writing code to the end of expanding our devices.  I don't
care anymore.

I'm being told that I miss points, that there is breakage in my methods,
that there will be people who don't heed warning messages (whether in
mailing lists or the programs themselves.

Incidentally, the opposing side exactly has the same arguments raised about
it.

So just go write the code yourselves.  I can't handle being constantly
flamed; I only work well in a constructive environment.  I give up.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price