Subject: Re: 32 bit dev_t
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/1998 18:41:07
On 15 Jan 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

: This is, as I said before, a *stupid* reason to screw
: over users.
:
: Unless you come up with a better reason than that, I will do the split
: format.

Charles,

I integrated your suggestions on how to handle struct specinfo with zero
trouble, and I did *not8 use the split minor format.  Pleas tell me how this
screws over users?

People -- everyone reading this thread -- please take note:
    Yes, Virginia, I do have transparent 16 bit node compatibility.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price