Subject: New devsw testers, please?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/1998 13:29:28
For the 32 bit renumbering of major devices, I have written an awk script
(based on and a device table containing all devices from
all ports.  It is available from:

This tar archive extracts to src/sys/conf (it's all new files; none altered,
and you don't need the 32 bit diffs to test it), and you need to cd to one
of your kernel `compile' directories, and type the following:

    cc -I/sys -I. -c /sys/conf/devsw.c

If it dumps out just a devsw.o, please let me know; otherwise please forward
along the errors it generates and I shall send you a repaired devsw.master
file to regenerate and test with it.  This test checks to see that I have
declared all the flag variables and flag files properly.

I have verified its cleanliness on the sparc port, but I need input on all
other ports, and suggestions on the layout of the device numbers table....

===== Todd Vierling (Personal =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price