Subject: Re: 32 bit dev_t, Revision 2
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/11/1998 20:04:25
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

: They should have _no_ correlation between ${MACHINE_ARCH}s whatsoever,
: or all ports should share _exactly_ the same device switch.

Okay, I'll assume the former case, to minimize both table bloat and kernel
load.  I'll shut up on this topic now.

Now on to figure out the stat()/fstat() userland compatibility thing that no
one but I seems to see as a problem....

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price