Subject: Re: 32 bit dev_t, Revision 2
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/11/1998 17:35:07
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Ted Lemon wrote:

: > Netbooting older NetBSD machines, that users do not yet wish to upgrade.  I
: > gave the alternative, too, of specifying nbitsmajor and nbitsminor at will.
:
: The term "deserves to lose" comes to mind.

How about netbooting other OS'es?  "Deserves to be screwed?"  I think that
having a configurable mknod(8) would be a very good thing.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price