Subject: Re: Passing credentials as ancillary data
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/07/1998 14:23:24
>The reason the login name (and the supplemental group list, too) is not
>included is that you then change the format of the data structure if
>either MAXLOGNAME or NGROUPS is changed (there's also the problem of
>having to pull in <sys/param.h> to build socket-using code, but that's
>another issue :-).

It would be really really really cool and really really really useful
if the supplemental group list would be included in this credential
structure.  I can think of 5 or 10 things I would use this for (all
involving AFS PAGs :-) ).

I think a self-describing structure could be used to work around this
problem.

--Ken