Subject: Re: HPC port?
To: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/18/1997 15:27:51
In message <882370269/rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu> "Robert.V.Baron" writes:
: 2. If you want less of a toy, I believe the Libretto is a full pc.  It's
:    still small, but you can get up to a gig disk and a reasonable amount
:    of memory.  I thought I saw that linux was ported, so NetBSD should
:    not be a problem.

FreeBSD and OpenBSD work like a champ on the Libretto 50CT.  I have
one sitting 12" from the keyboard I'm typing on that is running X with
FreeBSD as I clatter away.  It is a full Pentium 75 with 16M of memory
(expandable to 24M or 32M).  There are some irritations with the
design (the battery charging is done only when the system is off), and
the boot time is much longer than the PDAs.  But it is basically bog
standard hardware, for the most part.

Given that FreeBSD and OpenBSD also run on this box, a NetBSD port, if
one is needed, would be very easy.

Warner