Subject: Re: HPC port?
To: Adam Glass <adamg@microsoft.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/1997 12:49:28
Adam Glass writes:
> Hey, I'm just trying to solve the guy's problem.  If you want to joust the
> windmill, feel free.  I actually think the environment described below might
> be an easy environment for SMP work but *whatever*.

The point of NetBSD is not to become a shadowy ghost of an operating
system designed to provide future compatibilty for old unix apps under
the universal Bill Gates Operating and Wealth Preservation System.

Some of us legitimately do not wish to run Windows. We are not
interested, for the most part, in running apps under NetBSD that
cannot run under Windows because ports for most apps already
exist. That is not the point.

Perry