Subject: Re: per-device MAXBSIZE
To: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/15/1997 15:28:43
On Dec 13, Robert.V.Baron wrote
> Currently MAXBSIZE is use to allocate vm for the buffer pool.  Are
> you changing this -- how.

It's also used by the filesystems code as the max transfer size
acceptable by a device (when ffs clustering is enabled for example).
I need this to be settable per devices (so that ffs or msdos
clustering will work with devices wich don't accept MAXBSIZE tranfer sizes).
Of course this limit should always be < MAXBSIZE.

I need this for IDE ZIPs. But other devices may require it as well if we
want to increase MAXBISE (sd will have problems with MAXBIZE > 255*512).