Subject: Re: HSM deisgn goals was: RE: HSM implementation proposal
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/1997 21:27:47
I think the points below some up what we want to keep by using the
unix style of configuration. Can we add a style guide for these
configuration files to enable inheritance to be used for more common
settings and a mechanism for dealing with secure configuration sharing
between hosts ? NIS is rather limited and weak, should we support the
NDS inter-host API even if the data is stored in hand managable forms
on the NetBSD host. What about remote management of these
configurations.

--Sean