Subject: 3rd party device driver hooks
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/1997 15:02:21
I'm attempting to get my Myrinet network device driver going in NetBSD
1.3 so as to make sure it works for the 1.3 release. (A description of
myrinet can be found at www.myri.com).  It was developed jointly under
FreeBSD 2.2.x and NetBSD 1.2x/alpha (dating from early this spring).

Before I get started, I wanted to ask: What's the proper way to get a
3rd party device driver into the cdevsw[]?  Do I actually have to
insert it into the cdevsw declaration in the machine-dependent
arch/$ARCH/$ARCH/conf.c file?  I'd been doing that in the past, but
surely there has to be a more elegant way.

Thanks,

Drew