Subject: Re: How do I allocate physically contiguous RAM?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/29/1997 23:01:14
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> You _really_ ought to implement bus_dma... For the mac68k port, you can
> probably steal the i386 _bus_dma_* functions (the ones that don't implement
> bounce buffers) and frob them only slightly.  If you want help with this,
> I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Ah, okay, thanks... I'll see what I can do :) I'll let you know if (when
:) I need some help...

And thanks to everyone who responded... I've been thinking about getting
the daemon book, now I guess I will :)

BTW, I'm attempting to make my driver (for the AMD Am79C940 MACE chip)
machine-independent;  should I put it in sys/dev/ic, or is that premature,
seeing that it'll only have been tested on Macs?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++