Subject: BPF/libpcap upate for 1.3 ?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/05/1997 10:21:24
I'm not sure what version is currently in the kernel, but BPF is
now at version 1.2a1, do we want to update this for 1.3 ?  Also,
would we want to check that libpcap is upto date ?

>From the CHANGES file for bpf1.2:

v1.2 Thu Jun 12 14:30:34 PDT 1997

- Add SunOS 4.1.4 OBJs for tcp_input.o and udp_usrreq.o to allow
  non-source sites to use the bpf kernel filter feature.

- Add DLT_SLIP_BSDOS and DLT_PPP_BSDOS.

- Fixed typo in syslog message for udp_input().

- Fixed holes in bpf filter validation code. Thanks to der Mouse
  (mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca)

- Fixed setbpfilter to zero bpf program when there is no expression.
  Reported by Jin Guojun (jin@george.lbl.gov)

v1.1.3 Tue Dec 17 21:22:38 PST 1996

- Change "syslog.h" to <syslog.h> in tcp_input.c patch as per John
  Hawkinson (jhawk@mit.edu)