Subject: Re: TIOCMGET/TIOCMGET
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/1997 14:04:01
Matthias Scheler asked:

> why was the support for TIOCMGET and TIOCMGET removed from "com.c"?

As far as I can tell, it must have been this:

revision 1.99
date: 1997/04/04 20:56:34;  author: mycroft;  state: Exp;  lines: +890 -751
New version of com driver.  Uses a different queueing mechanism and a split
hardware/software interrupt mechanism for improved performance.  Many odd
protocols bugs also fixed.

I can't tell if TIOCMGET/SET/BIS/BIC was in the way of correct handshaking
protocols, or simply not (yet) implemented.

> This way xntpd's support for DCF 77 clocks doesn't work any more.
> And because I didn't find a way to set RTS from my program I wasn't
> able to my own DCF 77 decode running again. Of course it worked fine
> with 1.2.1 which still supported these I/O controls.

	-is