Subject: Re: ip filter 'rules' subdirectory.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/17/1997 18:21:08
On 9 17, matthew green wrote:
> ipfilter comes with a set of sample rules that i think we should probably
> install into /usr/share somewhere.  people have mumbled about a
> /usr/share/samples in the past but it doesn't seem to exist (yet?)... i'm
> thinking that one of these would be ok (but i don't care much):
>
> 	/usr/share/samples/ipf-rules
> 	/usr/share/samples/ipfilter
> 	/usr/share/samples/ipf

  I think a far better choice than "samples" would be "examples":

Example: Someone or something worthy of imitation or duplication; a model.

Sample: A portion, piece, or segment regarded as representative of a whole.

  As for the subdirectory, I vote for "ipf", though I don't really object
to the others.