Subject: RE: Big/Little endian conversion in FS
To: 'Scott Reynolds' <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Paul Evans <paule@martex.gen.oh.us>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/15/1997 20:51:28
Just a Thought:

Would it be a valid function of fsck (or mkfs) to actually swap the =
bytes in a filesystem on a disk?  To change the native host from big to =
little and vice-versa?

I was specifically thinking of creating installation disks  from  remote =
machines of a different endianess. As well as moving disks from dead =
computers for re-use..

	-Paul